Just as humans, computer programs are created with different programming languages that they do understand and on different platforms. There is about 2500+ computer languages. These computer programming languages allow us to give instructions to a computer in a language the computer understands. Here’s a list of Top 5 Computer Programming Languages;
- Platform independent: Java allows the programs to be developed and run anywhere as long as JVM is installed.
- Wide-Reaching: It is used by most companies and enterprises worldwide
- Easy to Debug: It is easy to correct errors in Java
- It takes care of menial activities in the background makes it easier for the programmer to focus on the building feature
- Java supports many types of data with ease. Examples of raw data that can be processed by Java include: Integers, Strings, and Decimals etc.
- Free and Open Source: It is freely downloaded for commercial use.
- Fewer lines of code: Its fewer lines of code are of greater functionality.
- Versatile: It’s used in many applications hence demanded by many developers.
- Support cross-platform programming since it is available in multi-platforms
- Allows for the access of the hardware hence high possibility of creating tiny binary
- Clear and easy to understand.
4. Visual Basic
- Very friendly and interactive
- Simple and easy to learn
- Provision of multi-vendor support
- Used in both stand-alone and distributed applications
5. Structured Query Language (SQL)
Advantages of SQL
- It’s quick and efficient to retrieve a large amount of data from the database.
- Secured access to the information since access can be restricted.
- Data can be viewed without being stored in the object iv. Tables can be joined and viewed as one object by the user
From the above conclusion, it is vivid that the popular and topmost computer programming languages are great advantages both to the programmers and the users. By research in terms of application and usage, the top 5 computer programming languages are found to be Java, Python, C, VB, and SQL.